Dear Diary pov if you were in dawn raids

 Dear Diary


Today I had the worst day of my life. 

I am writing this in a hurry. It is 1975 time 2.30am the dawn raids are starting to be more recent. This morning we were the next target. It was petrifying to wake up to police breaking down our door, as I was trying to defend myself.


It was horrifying not knowing if I was going to make it to the next day, as I was trying to get my mind together the police were screaming swear words followed by unruly sentences. They knocked over our suitcases, we were planning to fly home a couple hours later it was the closest flight we could take to our pass expiry date, we were getting pushed over as I was trying to find my family, I was so confused because I had a neighbor who was European and she has stayed almost a month over her pass expiry date but she did not get attacked.

 

As I was rushing past the hall a police officer pinned me to the wall. There was hate in his eyes but a little bit of guilt as mine was pure fear. I was struggling to get out but the police just held me there. They threw me into the lounge with my family. The police tried to explain what was going to happen to us. They said to my family that we had to catch the first flight out, which was the flight we had booked. They only gave us 15 mins to get our stuff together. We had most of our stuff together in our suitcases then we had to go with them to the airport. After I pack my stuff into the car. They told us to get into the back of their car in a deep voice, I was hesitant but I got in.


We started to drive to the airport. On our way we stopped and the police told us to stay. They went into a second house they were in for almost an hour. They threw another family in the back with us, who just got raided. They were so scared they had a little kid who was about 4 years old . I am in the back of the car right now not far from the airport. I am really  scared of the fight so please wish me luck, I will update you soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nanogirl

Tech